© 2016  Merriam Christian Chapel
Merriam Christian Chapel Albion, Indiana
3985 SOUTH US HIGHWAY 33 - ALBION, IN 46701

History

Merriam Christian Chapel was organized in June of 1843. A small group of believers meeting in the home of David and Peter Winebrenner began this local fellowship. At first the church was associated with the Eel River Conference of Christian Churches. A denominational merger in 1933 resulted in the church becoming a member of the Congregational Christian Conference. In 1947 the church severed denominational ties and became independent. The first wood frame building was constructed in 1852. A large brick building was dedicated in 1881. Under Pastor Franklin Orr a new Indiana limestone building was constructed in 1953. Three additions were made from 1965 through 1970. Substantial remodeling was done in 1986; and a foyer and carport were added in 1995. Most recently, an addition of a multi-purpose room, kitchen, nurseries, and classrooms was completed in 2005. Pastor Franklin Orr offered sound Biblical teaching and faithful service from 1943 until his retirement in 1979. Pastor Terry Zolman has served as Senior Pastor from 1979 until his passing in 2011. Pastor John French has been serving as Senior Pastor since 2014. For over 170 years, Merriam Christian Chapel has been faithfully proclaiming God’s Word to this community, to this state, and through its missionaries to many corners of the world. Its strong emphasis on showing sinners the power and joy of salvation in Jesus Christ and Him alone has never wavered. May the Lord be praised for His faithfulness to us. And may we continue to be found faithful to Him!
© 2016 Merriam Christian Chapel
Merriam Christian Chapel Albion, Indiana
3985 SOUTH US HIGHWAY 33 - ALBION, IN 46701

History

Merriam Christian Chapel was organized in June of 1843. A small group of believers meeting in the home of David and Peter Winebrenner began this local fellowship. At first the church was associated with the Eel River Conference of Christian Churches. A denominational merger in 1933 resulted in the church becoming a member of the Congregational Christian Conference. In 1947 the church severed denominational ties and became independent. The first wood frame building was constructed in 1852. A large brick building was dedicated in 1881. Under Pastor Franklin Orr a new Indiana limestone building was constructed in 1953. Three additions were made from 1965 through 1970. Substantial remodeling was done in 1986; and a foyer and carport were added in 1995. Most recently, an addition of a multi-purpose room, kitchen, nurseries, and classrooms was completed in 2005. Pastor Franklin Orr offered sound Biblical teaching and faithful service from 1943 until his retirement in 1979. Pastor Terry Zolman has served as Senior Pastor from 1979 until his passing in 2011. Pastor John French has been serving as Senior Pastor since 2014. For over 170 years, Merriam Christian Chapel has been faithfully proclaiming God’s Word to this community, to this state, and through its missionaries to many corners of the world. Its strong emphasis on showing sinners the power and joy of salvation in Jesus Christ and Him alone has never wavered. May the Lord be praised for His faithfulness to us. And may we continue to be found faithful to Him!